Thursday, April 10, 2008

Leftover buttermilk



Usually when a recipe calls for buttermilk I end up with the rest of the container sitting in the refrigerator just to spoil. So today while cleaning out the fridge I discovered the little bit that I had leftover and thought it'd be a perfect excuse to bake something.

I've never made a simple lemon pound cake before and because the photo (from Everyday Food aka Martha Stewart) looks so much like Starbuck's Lemon Loaf, I had to try the recipe. It turned out pretty close, although I did make some slight changes because Justin and I do not like a real strong lemon flavor. If you love a stronger lemon taste then I would suggest follow the original recipe.

For the cake:
I added a teaspoon of vanilla and used 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
For the glaze:
I used 2 tablespoons lemon juice and added a dash of vanilla and some water to reach the desired consistency.




No comments: