Thursday, May 1, 2008

Amazing Corn Chowder



I made the best corn chowder last week to take to my brother and sister-in-law's. So this is not the healthiest of all soups, but they were in the mood for comfort food and this is just that.

We always have this organic corn on hand in the freezer so that is what I used. I usually do not like any frozen vegetables, but this one seriously tastes so fresh and sweet like it's on the cob. It's the absolute best! My brother actually discovered it at our favorite, lovely discount store called Glenwood Foods. It has some of the best finds especially the organic foods.

I added some left over shredded roast chicken and bacon. The soup did not need the second stick of butter like the recipe suggest although, can you imagine how amazing that would of been?
This is a hearty meal-in-itself, but to top it off serve with these.

No comments: