Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chocolate Stout Cake



Does this cake look familiar? Stephen requested it again this year for his birthday. It has become quite the favorite in our family.

I didn't change a thing except brand of beer. I must say this again...the cake can be a little tricky getting out of the pan because it is so moist. Always line the pans with parchment paper. I intend to make cupcakes for St. Patty's Day so I think that will be much easier. Also, instead of the chocolate frosting, I will be making a Bailey's Irish Cream buttercream. Check back!

4 comments:

Stephen Mark Sarro said...

that cake was seriously insanely amazing. I loved that there was no real beer flavor instantly, but the fragrance and after-taste had a malty creamy beer taste to it. And actually, revisiting the cake on the 2nd day, the beer was more noticable, but the whole cake was much more rich.

The butter creme chocolate icing was so smooth and creamy, mmmmmm

and the addition of the burned caramel candies on top brought out some of the flavor!!!

This is one of many perfect cake ideas, and i highly recommend it!!

Now, if only i could indulge on St. Pattys

Desiree said...

Wow, that was quite the review. Very precise, haha. thanks!

Cassandra said...

That cake looks awesome. I'm imagining the beer makes it super moist. I am definitely going to try it very soon.

Desiree said...

Thanks Cassandra! Yes, the beer does make it extra moist. let me know how you like it. oh and I bookmarked your great blog and will check back!